Crunchyroll

Crunchyroll
Version: v1.14
Compatible: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad iOS 3.1
Price: Free

I can't really review this app without reviewing the service. This is the case for most of the app library since they create an accessible form of their website which moderates the iOS medium. Crunchyroll is an anime streaming service. It's quite premium offering fresh content from the land of the rising sun for a subscription fee which is more or less affordable. Gone are the days waiting months for the localization team to get the rights, draft a translated script, gather up some shitty voice actors, record, edit and broadcast. I dunno actually, that stuff might still be going on. To butcher a cow is a long and strenuous process right?

The Crunchyroll app is basically the iOS version of the website allowing you to stream episodes directly to your phone or pad over wifi (or 3G if you are a paid subscriber although that'd be painful on your data plan.) Ads are only for freeloaders and only appear once before the episode plays as opposed to in frequent bursts like I've seen in some other TV station based apps. It's better than average.

Where this app really shines? True Airview. I know it's a hard thing (supposedly) but when I want to tech the episode on my Apple TV, I can. Shocking I know. This is an example for other apps to look to. If you're app is about streaming or showing videos, it better well do Airview properly damn it! How easy it is to throw an episode onto the TV is beyond meager explanation, it's Heaven and fits into my 'no wires no stress' mantra.

Bottom line? This app = good.

No comments:

Post a Comment