Writings

Writings
Version: v.1.4
Compatible: iPad iOS 3.2
Price: $5

My first writing app for the iPad was ia Writer which was hardly fair for all the other word processor apps. I mean really? It's got Dropbox syncing and controls for convenient editing. The only other one I'd consider to get is Pages but what else is there? Surprisingly a lot and sadly my curiosity is piqued. Writings is my first entrance into the soirée of alternate writing apps for the iPad.

The first thing I'd like to mention is that it has absolutely zero personality. It has nice esthetics and standard features but if I had to pick it out in a line up of screenshots I'd have trouble pointing it out. What does it have? Word and character count, textexpander, e-mail, Dropbox sync and AirPrint. On top of that it is able to have control over font and colors of text or the background. If one does choose to take the plunge and get this App they couldn't go wrong the problem is its so adequate and standard to the point where if I have something mind this is just a waste of space.

For the price, ia Writer does it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment